2023 Nissan Pathfinder price and specs: Up to $11,000 more expensive
Nissan’s new Pathfinder family SUV gets more technology, safety and practicality than its predecessor – but a much higher price tag.
- 2023 Nissan Pathfinder pricing and specifications
- Four grades available, all with petrol V6
- Eight seats, full safety suite standard on base grade
- Priced from $54,190 before on-road costs
The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder will arrive in Australian showrooms before the end of this year with more technology than before – but significantly higher prices.
Available in four model grades, the new Pathfinder range is priced from $54,190 plus on-road costs – an increase of $9950, or 22 per cent over the outgoing base version of Nissan’s base SUV, last offered in 2020.
The range has been reshuffled, with ST-L, Ti and Ti-L grades replacing ST+, ST-L and Ti grades, in that order. All are powered by the same 3.5-litre petrol V6 – with no hybrid option available – and all but the seven-seat Ti-L offer eight seats.
Comparing equivalent new and old models, the mid-spec ST-L (replacing ST+) has been hit with the biggest increase, now priced from $59,990 plus on-road costs – up $11,150, with standard-fit all-wheel drive.
Prices for the Ti (now an upper mid-spec model) have increased by $8350 to $8850 compared to the old equivalent ST-L grade – with the all-wheel-drive Ti now dearer than the flagship version of the old model, at $67,990 plus on-road costs (vs $67,140.
The top-of-the-range, all-wheel-drive-only Pathfinder Ti-L costs $77,890 plus on-road costs – $10,750 more than the old Ti, and only $5000 short of Nissan’s flagship Patrol four-wheel-drive.
While prices have risen significantly, standard feature levels have improved – as have the car’s safety credentials, and engine and transmission combination. It’s also worth noting the last time Pathfinder prices rose was before COVID-19, which has since sent global supply chains into a spiral.
Powering all models is a carry-over 3.5-litre non-turbo petrol V6 engine, with identical 202kW and 340Nm outputs to the old model, a choice of front- or all-wheel drive, and a 2700kg braked towing capacity.
However, the old CVT has been replaced by a traditional nine-speed automatic transmission (with paddle shifters), designed to deliver improved response and refinement.
There’s a new AWD system – with a revised centre clutch pack for improved traction – plus seven drive modes (Standard, Sport, Eco, Snow, Sand, Mud/Rut and Tow), and a new electric power steering system.
The electric power steering system enables the fitment of Nissan’s ProPilot assisted driving tech on all but the base model, which combines adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assist to accelerate, brake and centre the vehicle within its lane on freeways.
Standard safety features across the range include autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist (new vs the old Pathfinder), adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, traffic sign recognition (new) and low-speed rear auto braking (new).
Other features new to the new Pathfinder ST compared to its predecessor include LED headlights, heated front seats, a head-up display, larger 9.0-inch centre touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (rather than wired), and eight seats, rather than seven.
Additional features offered on higher grades include ProPilot assisted driving tech, a 13-speaker Bose sound system, leather seats, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, panoramic glass sunroof, ventilated front seats, digital rear-view mirror, and wireless phone charging.
A two-tone paint scheme is optional on the Ti and Ti-L. Full lists of standard equipment for all models are below.
The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder range is due in Australian showrooms by year’s end.
2023 Nissan Pathfinder Australian pricing
- Pathfinder ST FWD – $54,190 (up $9950)
- Pathfinder ST-L AWD – $59,990 (up $11,150 over ST+)
- Pathfinder Ti FWD – $63,990 (up $8350 over old equivalent variant, ST-L 2WD)
- Pathfinder Ti AWD – $67,990 (up $8850 over old equivalent variant, ST-L AWD)
- Pathfinder Ti-L AWD – $77,890 (up $10,750 over old equivalent, Ti AWD)
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs.
2023 Nissan Pathfinder ST standard features:
- Eight seats
- 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite navigation
- 7.0-inch driver instrument display
- 10.8-inch colour head-up display
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- LED headlights with auto high beam
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Cloth upholstery
- Urethane (plastic) steering wheel
- Heated front seats
- Tri-zone climate control
- Four USB ports
- EZ Flex seating adjustment system
- Nine airbags (including curtains for all three rows)
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB, forwards) with pedestrian/cyclist detection and intersection support
- Lane-keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Low-speed rear AEB
2023 Nissan Pathfinder ST-L adds (over ST):
- All-wheel drive with seven terrain modes
- ProPilot assisted driving system
- Lane centring assist
- 360-degree camera
- Leather-accented steering wheel
- Power tailgate
- Rear privacy glass
- Remote engine start
- LED fog lights
- Black roof rails
2023 Nissan Pathfinder Ti adds (over ST-L):
- Choice of front- or all-wheel drive
- Leather first and second-row seat upholstery
- 18-inch machined alloy wheels
- 13-speaker Bose sound system including subwoofer
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Heated outboard second-row seats
- Rear door sunshades
- Auto-dimming rear-view centre mirror
- Third-row USB port
2023 Nissan Pathfinder Ti-L adds (over Ti):
- Standard all-wheel drive
- 20-inch machined-finish alloy wheels
- Seven-seat layout
- Second-row sliding/reclining/folding captain’s chairs
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12-way driver and four-way power-adjustable front seats
- Ventilated front seats
- Quilted leather upholstery
- Memory for driver’s seat, steering wheel and side mirrors
- Panoramic glass sunroof with tilting/sliding front section
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Ambient interior lighting
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Chrome side body trim